Small Prinknash Pottery jug
This hand thrown jug has one of the Prinknash characteristic glazes of a translucent green over a terracotta earthenware body, reminiscent of rustic French Provenal pottery.
The Prinknash Pottery was founded by Benedictine monks at Prinknash Abbey, between Stroud and Gloucester (just north of Painswick) in 1942. They continued to make pottery at the Abbey until 1997.
- Height approx. 9cm
- Diameter approx. 9cm